Thursday, October 27, 2011

CONTEMPT(LATIONS)


CONTEMPT(LATIONS)


Ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant --- Tacitus*


Talking about an old song. This has got to be the (c)oldest."When I get jolted by some call to arms, (alarm clocks, thank you), I prepare charms for the day:

"One: to guard against my yelling a profane greeting at my next-door peon---still at it after a night of screaming for Omigod who never seems to come.

"Two: to keep me from using my morning paper to start a fire that would finally rid this dump of its mealy mouthed, foul smelling, vomit reeking, country bumpkin cousins.

"A third: a prayer to deaf heaven to keep me on even keel that I may finally have courage, the kind that would make me sane enough to do myself in.”

*(Where they create a desolation, they call it peace)
10-27-11

No comments:

Post a Comment